This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Backup Restore - PC Backup Software | Norton Ghost

Hi All, I am not a fan of most Norton Products, but, the very best PC Backup, and system restore software is made by Norton. Norton Ghost, is easy, very reliable and has been the best back up software I have used in the past 5 years.

I have tried several different back up and restore softwares, and many had conflicts, hard to set up, out right failures, or backup sets that didn't restore!

I have put Norton Ghost through hundreds of conditions and testings and it passed 99% of the time. I personally use Ghost for my personal backups and I have had to do total restores, and it works perfectly.

Norton Ghost 15 is the latest verson out that supports Windows 7 as well as Vista, XP, Etc.

Why Choose Norton Ghost?

• Protects your applications, settings, folders, and files (including your digital photos and movies, downloaded music, and financial documents) with professional grade backup and recovery.
    • Quickly and easily restores your PC and recovers files that are damaged or lost due to system crashes, viruses, hackers, theft, or natural disasters.
    • Lets you decide what gets backed up (full system or specific files and folders) and when (at scheduled times and or when certain events occur such as an increase of data storage or new application installation).
    • Automatically compresses files to minimize the storage space needed, so you can back up more, in less space.
    • Copies only files that have changed for faster, fewer backups.
    • Provides enhanced security features including drive encryption, error checking, and integrity checking to deliver a higher level of protection for your data.
    • Easily restore your system, applications, settings and files, even when you can't restart your PC's operating system.
    • Automatically backs up files when Symantec ThreatCon reaches a specified level for added protection.
    • Lets you back up to a wide variety of storage devices including external hard drives, networked drives, recordable and rewritable CDs and DVDs and now even Blu-ray Disc.
    • Simplifies offsite backup management and recovery by copying recovery points to a FTP site.

Key Technologies

• Full system (disk image) backup and restore
    • Incremental backup
    • Advanced compression and encryption
    • NEW! Windows® 7 Bitlocker™ support
    • NEW! Symantec ThreatCon integration
    • File and folder backups
    • Event based backups
    • Onsite and offsite backups
    • NEW! Cold imaging
    • NEW! Blu-ray Disc support
Working...