Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove The ScreenSnapshotTool (Removal Guide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove The ScreenSnapshotTool (Removal Guide)

The Advanced ScreenSnapshotTool program is a potentially unwanted program that hijacks your browser to unwanted search engines and possibly bundles other adware when installed. Promoted as a free screenshot creation tool, when installed the ScreenSnapshotTool will also hijack your browsers to homepages such as us.hao123.com.

Remove The ScreenSnapshotTool (Removal Guide)

• Thu, 23 Jun 2016 09:23:26 EDT
    • Read 297 times

The Advanced ScreenSnapshotTool program is a potentially unwanted program that hijacks your browser to unwanted search engines and possibly bundles other adware when installed. Promoted as a free screenshot creation tool, when installed the ScreenSnapshotTool will also hijack your browsers to homepages such as us.hao123.com.
    The ScreenSnapshotTool is actually a nice little program that allows you to capture various parts of an active window and create an image of it. In my opinion, though, with the addition of the browser hijacker it is not worth using the program.
    How was Advanced ScreenSnapshotTool installed on my Computer?

It is important to note that Advanced ScreenSnapshotTool is bundled with and installed by free programs that did not adequately disclose that other software would be installed along with it. Therefore, it is important that you pay close attention to license agreements and installation screens when installing anything off of the Internet. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other 3rd party software will also be installed. Furthermore, If the license agreement or installation screens state that they are going to install a toolbar or other unwanted adware, it is advised that you immediately cancel the install and not use the free software.
    As you can see, the Advanced ScreenSnapshotTool is a program that utilizes browser hijackers and other adware in order to generate revenue. Due to this, I feel it is not safe to use the program due to possible issues caused by the program bundled with it. If you wish to remove this tool, you can follow the steps by using the removal guide below.
    Array
    View Associated ScreenSnapshotTool Files C:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\C:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414C:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\CrashReport.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\CrashReportModuleConf.iniC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\CrashUL.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\EVPConfig.iniC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\EVPData\C:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\EVPData\History.datC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\EVPDR.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\EVPHelp.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\EVPKernel.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\EVPNet.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\EVPTask.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\InstallHelper.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\Language.jsonC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\Report.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\ScreenShotServ.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenSnapshotTool\1.1.0.11414\ScreenSnapshot.exeC:\Users\Public\Documents\Baidu\C:\Users\Publ ic\Documents\Baidu\Common\C:\Users\Public\Documents\Baidu\Common\I18N\C:\Users\Public\Documents\Baid u\Common\I18N\conf.dbC:\Users\Public\Documents\Guid\C:\Users\Public\Documents\Guid\Common\C:\Users\P ublic\Documents\Guid\Common\I18N\C:\Users\Public\Documents\Guid\Common\I18N\conf.dbC:\Users\Public\D ocuments\Guid\Common\I18N\IPCSUpdateCache\C:\Users\Public\Documents\Guid\Common\I18N\IPCSUpdateCache \ScreenSnapshot\C:\Users\Public\Documents\Guid\Common\I18N\IPCSUpdateCache\ScreenSnapshot\3628202857 6bd962C:\Users\Public\Documents\Tools\C:\Users\Public\Documents\Tools\Common\C:\Users\Public\Documen ts\Tools\Common\I18N\C:\Users\Public\Documents\Tools\Common\I18N\conf.db%UserProfile%\AppData\Roamin g\ScreenSnapshotTool%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\ScreenSnapshotTool\dump%UserProfile%\AppData\Roami ng\ScreenSnapshotTool\dump\BugReportConfig.iniC:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roami ng\ScreenSnapshotToolC:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\ScreenSnapshotTool\dum pFile Location Notes:
    %UserProfile% refers to the current user's profile folder. By default, this is C:\Documents and Settings\ for Windows 2000/XP, C:\Users\ for Windows Vista/7/8, and c:\winnt\profiles\ for Windows NT.

View Associated ScreenSnapshotTool Registry Information HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{61FFE1F9-137D-4c31-A181-3415FCAA5946}HKLM\SOFTWARE\ScreenSnapshotToolHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page "http://us.hao123.com/?tn=skds_inner_pop1_02_hao123_us&guid=cc52adb1c41fc6fbbd332e41d49cdb3e" (old value="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157")HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\Start Page "http://us.hao123.com/?tn=skds_inner_pop1_02_hao123_us&guid=cc52adb1c41fc6fbbd332e41d49cdb3e" (old value="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=255141")

Click here to view the article.
Working...
X