Win Heal 2016 Removal Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win Heal 2016 Removal Guide

Win Heal 2016 is a program from the Rogue.Tech-Support-Scam family that is supposedly a system scanner that reports issues with the computer it is installed. Regardless, of what computer it is run on it will state that "Advanced diagnostics report shows that sseveral security threats and stability issues are placing your PC at risk!". They will then provide a number that a person can call for "premium tech support". This number is currently set to 1-866-207-6545.

Win Heal 2016 Removal Guide

• Fri, 23 Sep 2016 10:04:17 EDT
    • Read 488 times

Win Heal 2016 is a program from the Rogue.Tech-Support-Scam family that is supposedly a system scanner that reports issues with the computer it is installed. Regardless, of what computer it is run on it will state that "Advanced diagnostics report shows that sseveral security threats and stability issues are placing your PC at risk!". They will then provide a number that a person can call for "premium tech support". This number is currently set to 1-866-207-6545.

If a user calls this number they will be told that their computer has security or configuration issues and will try to sell the caller unnecessary remote tech support services. I strongly advise noone to call this number and purchase services.
    How did Win Heal 2016 get on my computer?

It is important to note that this Tech Support Scam Trojan is installed by other programs that did not adequately disclose that other software would be installed along with it. Therefore, it is important that you pay attention to the license agreements and installation screens when installing anything off of the Internet. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other 3rd party software will also be installed. Furthermore, If the license agreement or installation screens state that they are going to install a toolbar or other unwanted adware, it is advised that you cancel the install and not use the free software.
    In my opinion, the Win Heal 2016 program was build purely to scare a person into thinking that their computer has problems so they call the listed phone number. For no reason should you call this number, and if you have already called and have purchased services, I advise you to dispute the charges with your credit card company. To uninstall this program and any related software for free, please use the removal guide below.
    Array
    View Associated Win Heal 2016 Files C:\Program Files (x86)\WinHeal\ C:\Program Files (x86)\WinHeal\Uninstall.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\WinHeal\WinHeal.exe C:\ProgramData\WinHeal\ C:\ProgramData\WinHeal\win-heal.log

View Associated Win Heal 2016 Registry Information HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\WinHeal "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinHeal\WinHeal.exe" HKCU\Software\WinHeal

Click here to view the article.
Working...
X