Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove the SPC Optimizer PUP (Removal Guide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove the SPC Optimizer PUP (Removal Guide)

SPC Optimizer is a supposed system optimization, temporary file cleaner, and registry cleaning program that is offered for free for download. In my tests, this program does detect Cookies, Internet Files, and Temp files, but also shows the same scan results everytime I performed a scan and tried to clean them. Furthermore, this program has also been found to be bundled with tech support scams that try to lock a user out of their Windows desktop until they call a listed tech support number.

How to remove the SPC Optimizer PUP (Removal Guide)

• Mon, 30 Jan 2017 12:15:02 EST
    • Read 3383 times

SPC Optimizer is a supposed system optimization, temporary file cleaner, and registry cleaning program that is offered for free for download. In my tests, this program does detect Cookies, Internet Files, and Temp files, but also shows the same scan results everytime I performed a scan and tried to clean them. Furthermore, this program has also been found to be bundled with tech support scams that try to lock a user out of their Windows desktop until they call a listed tech support number.

Due to the charactertics exhibited by this program, in my opinion it should be avoided.
    How did the SPC Optimizer get on my computer?

It is important to note that this program is installed by other programs that did not adequately disclose that other software would be installed along with it. Therefore, it is important that you pay attention to the license agreements and installation screens when installing anything off of the Internet. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other 3rd party software will also be installed. Furthermore, If the license agreement or installation screens state that they are going to install a toolbar or other unwanted adware, it is advised that you cancel the install and not use the free software.
    In my opinion, SPC Optimizer does not perform as advertised and since it has also been spotted being used by Tech Support Scam Trojans, it should be avoided. If you find that this program is causing problems on your computer, you can use the removal guide below to remove it for free.

Array
    View Associated SPC Optimizer Files C:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\C:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\filecleaner.xmlC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\log.txtC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.xmlC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer1.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer1.exe.configC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer1.InstallLogC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer1.pdbC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer1.vshost.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer1.vshost.exe.configC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer1.vshost.exe.manifestC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer_service.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer_service.exe.configC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer_service.InstallLogC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer_service.pdbC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer_service.vshost.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer_service.vshost.exe.configC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer_service.vshost.exe.manifestC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\PCOptimizer_service.XmlSerializers.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\System.Data.SQLite.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\System.Data.SQLite.Linq.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\System.Data.SQLite.xmlC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\trayservice.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\trayservice.exe.configC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\trayservice.pdbC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\trayservice.vshost.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\trayservice.vshost.exe.configC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\trayservice.vshost.exe.manifestC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\trayservice.XmlSerializers.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\Uninstall.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\SPCOptimizer\Uninstall.iniC:\Windows\System32\Tasks\SPCOPTIMIZER

View Associated SPC Optimizer Registry Information HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\{9AD6BCCA-6465-4853-BCA2-5ADF296BB202}HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\SPCOPTIMIZERHKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\Cu rrentVersion\Uninstall\SPCOptimizer 1.3HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PCOptimizerService

Click here to view the article.
Working...
X