Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus Software - Review

For years I have experimented and thoroughly tested a lot of Anti-Virus software. I tested their capabilities, impact on performance, and if they caused conflicts with other programs. I have thoroughly tested products like, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, AVG, etc.

Many of them are somewhat effective, but miss malware. Some impact your system really bad with performance. Some have so much bloatware that it is a nightmare to uninstall. Several had major conflicts with other software. After finding myself really dissatisfied with the paid products that were available due to the various I finally settled with Microsoft Security Essentials. This was a free Anti-Virus offered by Microsoft. It was fast, clean, seamless in your windows environment. I had no issues with conflicts or performance. Real time tests of finding malware and viruses was no better and no worse the the other products I have tested. So I started recommending this to everyone, only because I was not happy with the other products available. Microsoft Security Essentials was definitely better than having nothing, but it still missed a lot of malware and certain viruses like the other products I tested.

I was then introduced to Emsisoft. I read up a lot about
Emsisoft and read the raving reviews from PC-Magazine, etc. I decided to give it a try and throw everything I had at it.

The product I decided to thoroughly test was Emsisoft Internet Security.

Installation was very easy and straight forward. Even the novice can install with no knowledge of computers. Once installed it was plug and play.

The display panel is a nice layout and easy to understand:

Now down to testing:

Testers at AV-Comparatives evaluate antivirus products in many different ways. In both file-detection tests, Emsisoft earned Advanced+, the highest rating. It also got Advanced+ in the real-world dynamic protection test. Its overall scores in 2014 were good enough to earn it a "Top Rated" designation from AV-Comparatives.
  • Malicious URL blocking test = Emsisoft is EXCELLENT
  • Virus Protection = Emsisoft is Excellent
  • Malware Protection = Emsisoft Again is Excellent
  • Firewall Protection =Emsisoft is Excellent

Keep in mind that NO anti-virus software or anti-malware software will be 100%. This is due to the thousands of new viruses created and distributed every day. What makes a good product though, is:
  • one that is constantly updated
  • one that is programed to "notice" certain virus behaviors and spot "NEW" viruses
  • one that does NOT impact your system performance
  • one that does NOT conflict with other software
  • one that is user friendly and easy to install and setup
  • one that is NOT loaded with bloatware

I have found for the first time that
Emsisoft products meet all of my requirements. Every test I tried, Emisoft passed. It is fast, efficient and effective.

I highly recommend Emsisoft Products.

Attached Files