Do you routinely back up your computer? Hopefully you do and are prepared if a equipment failure happens or even a fire, theft, etc. How about your software licenses? Do you keep them in a safe spot and backed up? I would be willing to bet most people do not. People generally install software and end up losing the documentation, licenses, etc. Then the unthinkable happens, a hard drive goes bad, power surge, etc. As a computer tech, you have to explain that I am unable to install lost software without the licenses/keys. If they were not saved or backed up, new software will need to be purchased. It is not a pleasant situation, especially when software can cost hundreds or thousands of dollars.

There is a solution. While I always recommend licenses/documentation to be stored in a safe, etc, You should also make a digital backup of your computer licenses/keys. Here is the solution:

With Recover Keys you simply diagnose your system for all installed software and make a backup, print it or save to the text file. Allows to find all the software keys among all network computers.

From their website:

"Recover Keys is a simple yet comprehensive Windows application designed to safeguard activation keys for software products installed on your local or remote network computers in the event of a system or hard disk crash.

Losing activation keys is a time consuming and expensive experience. In such case you would have to contact the developers of each program or even purchase entirely new versions of all software.

Now you can protect yourself and backup your keys! Recover Keys quickly analyzes your system for over 8000+ software programs and produces a list of software activation keys. Then you can save, backup, print, or export (Word, Excel, PDF, HTML, CSV, XML) the license information. Due to friendly interface and solid amounts of options, Recover Keys can used both by professionals and inexperienced users."

Screen Shot:

rk-screen1.jpg

My Review:

Installation was very fast and easy. Using the software is very easy to understand. I ran a scan of my computer and it found all my software that had licenses. I was impressed on how fast this works! I made a backup file of all my licenses and I saved it to be backed up to my cloud backup.

I tried a network scan and it worked flawlessly scanning the other computers on my network and I made backups of those as well.

There is a portable version available that is good for Technicians that need it for customer computers, but it does not allow network scans.

I highly recommend the purchase of this software for EVERYONE. This is just as important as backing up all your irreplaceable pictures! Make sure you have your computer(s) backed up locally and offsite/cloud.

You never know when something will fail or when a tragedy happens, all you can do is make sure that your systems are properly backed up and the information saved and protected!

Recovery-Key is essential to keeping your software safe!

Recovery Keys can be purchased here at their website:
https://recover-keys.com