Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Task ValidationTaskDeadline: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Task ValidationTaskDeadline: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with.

Task ValidationTaskDeadline: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with.
    Task validation task: the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with
    Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with.

You will see many websites out there that give you 101 ways to fix this, and NONE work or they will even have you delete ALL the tasks. NOT GOOD.

I have found an easy way to fix this:
    • Go to C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Activation Technologies
    • Copy both Tasks to your desktop. (ValidationTask and ValidationTaskDeadline
    • After you copy them to your desktop. Delete both of them in that folder.
    • Now, Open up Task Scheduler.
    • In Left Pane, Click on Task Scheduler Library, then Microsoft, then Windows, then Windows Activation Technologies
    • In the Top Middle Pane. Right Click and select Import
    • Import BOTH of the Files you copied to your desktop.
    • Once both of them are imported, you are done.
    • NO MORE PROBLEMS!

Please join the forum and tell us how you made out and if this fixed your issues. This repair is original to GoHighVoltage Computer Repair Forum. We only ask if re-posting this repair if we are credited for it with our web address, etc.

Bingo! This fixed the subject problem on a laptop that had been brought back from the dead from a lightning strike by placing the original HD in a used identical hardware unit. It had taken over a year to use the Task Scheduler again and got 2 of the above Error messages, one for each of the Windows Validation tasks I suppose, after which the Task Scheduler worked fine. I can see now how that friggin Windows Validation must have choked on the "same but different" hardware. Because I keep bootable Clones on all my computers, which for one reason or another have all had to be used to restore the original HD's with no such problems before. Windows is getting sneaker, with that BCD tying to the disk UUID, and now this.

DES

Comment

Working...
    X