Windows Security Center doesn't show Anti-Virus Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Security Center doesn't show Anti-Virus Protection

Windows Security Center doesn't show Anti-Virus Protection, even though you have one installed.

Try This:

1) Right-click on My Computer
    2) Click on Manage
    3) Click on the plus sign(+) next to Services and Applications in the left-hand column
    4) Click on Services
    5) Find the service called Windows Management Instrumentation, right-click on it, and choose Stop.
    6) Open My Computer
    7) Double-click on Drive C (or whatever drive Windows is installed on)
    8) Double-click on the Windows folder
    9) Double-click on System32
    10) Double-click on WBEM
    11) Right-click on the Repository folder and click Delete and remove it
    12) Close the My Computer windows and return to the Windows services screen using steps 1 - 4 shown above
    13) Find the service called Windows Management Instrumentation, right-click on it, and choose Start. Restarting this service will rebuild the repository folder information.

14) Wait a minute or two for the folder to rebuild completely, then restart your computer

This can happen with all security programs, it is a Windows issue. I have seen it on forums for pretty much every security product on the market. There is something that can get corrupted in the Windows settings that control the recognition of security software. Most often, it can be fixed by rebuilding the repository, as explained above. Doing as it suggests is perfectly safe; you will delete a folder, but it rebuilds itself, and it should contain the correct information after that.

The next step would be uninstalling and reinstalling the security product, but please try this first. It's fast and easy.
Working...
X