X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Desktop - Desktop search tool / toolbar

Some interesting information from "dailyfinance.com"

"millions have downloaded Google's (GOOG) desktop search toolbar, a potential Trojan Horse incursion on Microsoft's turf that Google has carefully crafted. It provides the search engine company with massive amounts of behavioral data on how people use their computers. " (11-6-09 article written by Alex Salkever is Senior Writer at AOL Daily Finance covering technology and greentech)
    High Voltage Computer Repair Service Advice:

I always advise people to NOT install any tool bars, weatherbugs, or any such programs on your computer. The reason for this, is because it is a way for them to track your habits on your computer, also allows your computer to be more vulnerable for virus attacks.

Basically, every time you add tool bars, or gadgets, you are allowing 3rd parties information about you and your computer, even could allow them to access your computer itself. Every time you add these gadgets, It is a sure way to slow your computer down, cause software conflicts, or even computer crashes.

One of my biggest service calls is for slow computers, and when I arrive, I see a computer loaded with toolbars, search gadgets, weather gadgets, all kinds of junk. I even open up a internet explorer window, and it not only takes forever to open, but when it does open, there is SOOO many toolbars at the top, that the actual internet window is about cut in half!!!

Good rule of thumb, don't install this junk, as it is a sure way to cause your computer to crash, slow down, or lose data.

High Voltage~
Working...
X